The document owner (for a project document) has the option of Locking a document.
This functionality stops Project Team Members from editing parts of a document that is not allocated to them.
To lock a document:
While signed in as a document owner, click on the Allocations button in the Breeze panel.
1) Once you have created the necessary Allocations, note the Lock button on the Breeze Panel:
2) Click on the Lock; this will change the icon to the following, indicating that the document is now Locked:
While the document is locked
- Only Allocated Sections can be edited by the Assignee, providing the assignee has logged into the Breeze panel when opening the document to edit the allocated section.
- The Assignee will only have access to the sections allocated specifically to them.
- Only the Document Owner will be able to Unlock the document; Any other user will see the following error if they try: