From the Preview Pane, you can preview the first 10 pages of Content in the Knowledge Source, as well as accessing some additional functionality, such as Emailing a link to Content.
1) Search for the content in the Knowledge Source.
2) Click the Preview button (highlighted below) to launch the Preview Pane.
3) The Preview Pane will show the first 10 pages (if applicable) of the Content, as well as displaying some additional information on the content (Name, Review Date, Expert, State and Version).
4) Click the Download Document button on the Preview Pane (highlighted below).
5) You will be prompted to Open or Save the Content. If you select to Save, the content will be saved to your default download location. Save As will prompt you for a location to save the document to.