This article applies to:
- Project Team Members
Project Point allows multiple users to collaborate on a single Proposal, as a Team.
Team members can have portions of a Proposal document allocated to them.
A Private Allocation allows the Project Document Owner to limit access to the Project Document to only the section that is to be allocated.
1) When a Private Allocation task is assigned to you, an email will be sent to you to notify you of the allocation. The email will contain a link to the allocation - click the link in order to open the allocation:
You will also receive a new task on your Dashboard. Private Allocations will be indicated with the indicated icon. Click on the Document Name in order to open the allocation:
2) A Private Allocation will not open the document in question, but will take you to a Web Contribution Form. The form will present you with:
- Some basic project information (Project Name, Owner, Document Name).
- A list of Supporting Documentation (if any)
- The Allocated Text (editable) displayed in a simple text editor
- A Preview image (this may correspond to the allocated text, or could be a piece of text to provide background context).
3) If there are supporting documents available
- You can click the drop down button to show the list of available document(s)
- Select the appropriate document(s)
- Click the download button
- The Supporting Documents will be downloaded as a zipped file.
4) You can capture a Contribution by either editing the contents of the text editor, or by pasting into the control. The following are not supported by the editor:
- Word Styles
5) You can then perform one of the following actions:
- Save: Save any changes to the contribution, allowing you to close the browser window. You can return to this view at a later stage (by clicking the Allocation link) in order to complete your contribution.
- Complete: This will save any changes and publish the contribution to the original Project Document and mark the task as Complete.
- Decline: This will mark the Allocation as Declined
- For more information on Allocating a task to your team, please read the step-by-step instructions located here.