This article applies to:
- Project Team Members who are Document Owners
External Allocations allows Bid Managers to allocate work to External Team Members and for the designated user to contribute without logging into the Breeze environment.
External Allocations are denoted by
- Users can access the Web Contribution page from anywhere
- Multi-Browser contributions are supported
To create an Allocation to an External (non-Breeze) Team Member:
- In order to create an External Allocation, at least 1 External Team Member must be added to the Project.
- External Allocations can be created using the existing Add Allocation Panel functionality and selecting an External Team Member as the Contributor.
1) Open the Project Document (Proposal) of which you are the Owner.
2) Click on the Qorus Breeze Add-in button (on the 'Home' ribbon of Microsoft Word), and login to the panel (if required).
3) Click on the Allocations button in the panel. (See Below).
4) Highlight the text or section you would like to Allocated and click Add Task.
5) Contributor: The Contributor is the team member the task is to be allocated to; Select an External Team Member, as indicated by the (Ext) next to their name:
6) This will display the Supporting Documents selection option which will display all Supporting Documents attached to the Project. Selecting 1 or more Supporting Documents will make the selected documents available to the designated External Team Member when they open the assigned External Allocation.
7) Fill in the rest of the Add Task form:
- Title: Will be the title of the Allocation Tasks.
- Due Date: When the Allocation task is due. Note: This date cannot be set for later than the projects due date.
- Include Reviewer: Should the allocation need to be reviewed, a Reviewer can be set, with a Review Due Date.
- Comment: Add a descriptive comment for the allocation & click + to add the comment
- Manual Preview: A preview of the allocation content will be created automatically. In order to manually set the preview, check this option.
7) Click Submit.
Depending on the options selected above, you may be presented with a preview of the Allocated content. To update the preview, select the appropriate text and click the Refresh button; the Preview content can differ from the Allocation content. Click Submit once done.
Notice that the task has been added to the task list.
8) Once all the tasks have been created click on the Allocate button next to Add Task on the Breeze Panel.
An email will be sent to the team member, advising them of the allocation. This email will contain a hyperlink to the Web Contributions interface which will allow the user to provide their Contribution and when ready mark the Contribution as Complete.
- Only Rich text items are supported currently
- Images are not supported
- Tables are not supported currently
- Objects such as smart art are not supported
- Any non-supported item will result in a validation pop-up message
- For help on How to Install and log in to the Breeze Panel add-in for Word, follow the step-by-step instructions here.
- For help on Responding to an External Allocation, please read the step-by-step instructions located here.